Bach Knives’ precision quills are preloaded assemblies designed to provide ultra-close tolerances and guaranteed consistency for your dedicated slitting. The precision tooling is pre-loaded on sleeves and carefully calibrated. These pre-loaded sleeves install in a matter of minutes. Our quill system achieves consistently better slit edges and longer production runs than conventional tooling. These quill systems are ideal for long running dedicated jobs where a high-level of repeatability is required or jobs that require a quick setup.
Advantages of the Bach Knives quill system:
- Mount and ready to slit in minutes
- Eliminate operator setup calculations thanks to pre-loaded tooling
- Tighter strip width tolerances
- Minimize burr and camber
- Excellent repeatability from set-up to set-up
- System design isolates quill from slitter shoulder curtailing effect of shoulder runout and offset
- Maximize slitter uptime
Bach Knives’ quill systems are ideal for:
- Very precise slitting
- Repetitive jobs
- Long runs or repeated short runs
- Customer specifications that go beyond your current tooling capability.
Contact your Bach Knives sales engineer to see how our ultra-precision quills will benefit your company.